Sunday, 21 October 2012

Pattern Appreciation Post: Butterick 2125



I'm in love with this pattern!

I haven't even started cutting out my fabric. Hell, I haven't even bought the fabric but I already love this pattern, which I acquired from the lovely Janet Page at VintageGirlUK on Etsy.

With sizes sold individually, they were able to print the cut line and the seam line on each piece! Amazing!



I try to fit my patterns before cutting out so it's nice to be able to measure the flat pattern exactly, without having to draw in the seam lines to walk the pattern.

My boyfriend has a 39" chest and this is a 40" pattern. I also don't know how much ease is in the pattern, and I've never sewn anything for a guy before, so I'm expecting to have to do a lot of fiddling with the fit. (Since it's a vintage pattern, I'm tracing all of the pieces on to tracing paper before making alterations, so if I mess it up, I haven't destroyed the original pattern.)



Thorough instructions!



Maybe it's just in contrast to all the Burda patterns that I've been making, or maybe all jacket patterns come with amazing instructions but I was amazed by the 3 pages of instructions. Instructions for hand tailoring methods! And there's a diagram for every step! I was actually giddy when I opened them up.

Oh my God I can't wait!!!

What are some technical elements that you enjoy most about your favorite patterns? Which are your favorite pattern companies?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana

    Thanks for the mention :)
    Have you got fabric now? I can't wait to see how you get on with this. I have a few projects in the pipeline - mind you I think there is a bit of a blockage in my pipeline...
    So pleased you loved the pattern
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete