Sunday, 4 May 2014

True Bias Cocoon Cardigan - Perfect for a cabin weekend!

Have you seen Kelli Ward's DIY Cocoon Cardigan tutorial over at True Bias? As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make one for myself and I finally have!


Have you tried this tutorial? I was a little confused at first but things became clear once I started sewing. I had to kind of fudge the hems, especially the armholes, because you're just folding it under and the circumference of the sleeve tapers pretty dramatically, especially at the hem. I used a twin needle again, so it looks pretty good.


I used this wonderful linen jersey from emmaonesock.com. Ever since I bought my linen pullover with whales, I've been looking for linen jersey. Thank you Emmaonesock!


These pictures were taken at a little cabin that we rented this weekend in New Tecumseth. It was so nice to get out of the city and do not much more of anything. It was even heated by wood stoves! The weather was kind of drizzly but we did manage to get outside and explore the woods a little.


Even more exciting, I'm wearing my new jeans in these photos! These are the first RTW garment that I've bought this year and I'm so happy with them. In a recent article, Eva Mendes says "...jeans aren't easy, They're my worst nightmare," and most of the time I feel the same way but these make me feel pretty good! They're the curvy skinny ankle jeans from LOFT. Their curvy cut is actually curvy! Also they were 30% off.


2 comments:

  1. Linen jersey?!?!? I must learn about this and probably add some to my stash.

    I love how your cardigan turned out. It's gorgeous! I've worn mine three times already...fudged hems and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!

      I've only just started seeing linen jersey in the last year or so. Not sure if it's new or I just never noticed it until recently. It feels wonderful!

      Delete